Yesterday 6EK had a Skype session with Class4B on
“What makes a good writer?”
The students from 4B asked the students from 6EK a range of questions to gather information on ways they can improve their writing.
Some things suggested were:
- Re-read your writing
- Read aloud
- Read to a friend
- Remember to use Capital Letters
- Check grammar
- Check Spelling
- Use Paragraphs
- Plan your writing before you write.
Some things the students in 6EK do to help them improve their writing include:
- Writer’s Notebooks
- Rocket Writing
- Touch Typing on their Chromebooks
- Sharing their writing with others in our class through Google to get feedback from each other.
- Have you got any other writing tips to be a good writer?
- What strategies work best for you?
- What do you like most about writing?
Our Class takes part in an eBuddies program where we share our learning with a few other classes around the world. Today we had our second Skype session with Class 5LE from Campsie Public School in Sydney.
As it was our first Skype session with Class 5LE. During our Skype session we asked a few questions to help us to get to know them better. Some interesting things we learnt about their school include:
- They are a bilingual school which means for one hour a day their lesson is taught in Korean
- They have 750 students nearly double the amount of students at our school.
- The students in Class 5LE are doing Genius Hour
- They have a school band and dance group
- They start school at 8:45am and finish at 3pm.
We are looking forward to continuing to share and learn more with Class 5LE and the other classes involved in eBuddies.
- What do you like most about Skype in Class 6EK?
- What were some other differences between Class 5LE and Class 6EK?
- If you could ask Class 5LE another question what would it be?
Today we had a Skype session with Class4B from Mildura.
As part of our #ebuddies14 each week we focus on connecting with a different class from around the world. In doing this it allows us to see how others learn and allows us to share the wonderful learning we are doing with others.
During our Skype session we spoke to Class4B about the weather, the size of their school, their school camp and things they have been learning about this year. We can not wait to continue to connect with other classes from around the world. Questions:
- What did you think about our Skype session with class 4B?
- What do you like about connecting with other classes?
- If you could ask class 4B one more question what would it be?