As part of this weeks Student Blogging Challenge to create an ‘About Us Page’. The students in 6EK decided to create a presentation together on GAFE about our interests and hobbies. This week we learnt about what personal information was appropriate to share online and what was not appropriate.
- What information did you learn about sharing personal information online?
- What are some things we know not to include on online spaces?
- What tips do you have for other’s who are creating an online profile?
It has been a busy two days back in 6EK. We have attended to a lot of organisational matters, including;
- class rules
- individual goals
- labelling books
- things we are looking forward
- organising cabins for camp
- organising swimming events for swim trials
One new and exciting thing this year is that our class will be using a Twitter account. This is going to allow our class to share the wonderful work we will be doing, collaborate with other schools, and educate us on the responsible use of social media. Our Twitter feed can be found on our Blog (down the bottom on the right). If you would like to follow us on Twitter our Twitter Handle is @class6ek
We have completed a range of activities to reflect on our summer holidays and to get know each other in our new class.
To help us to get to know each other the students in 6EK were given Playdoh. They needed to create something about themselves and their holidays, then explain this to the class.
Another way we shared our holidays included students creating a Star Chart to reflect on 5 favourite things that they did on their holidays.
It has been a busy start to the year. I know that all the year 6 students are excited to know what the BIG surprise is on Monday……
- What are you looking forward to this year?
- What did you do on your holidays?
- What is one thing you have liked about being back at school?