Yesterday 6EK had a Skype session with Class4B on
“What makes a good writer?”
The students from 4B asked the students from 6EK a range of questions to gather information on ways they can improve their writing.
Some things suggested were:
- Re-read your writing
- Read aloud
- Read to a friend
- Remember to use Capital Letters
- Check grammar
- Check Spelling
- Use Paragraphs
- Plan your writing before you write.
Some things the students in 6EK do to help them improve their writing include:
- Writer’s Notebooks
- Rocket Writing
- Touch Typing on their Chromebooks
- Sharing their writing with others in our class through Google to get feedback from each other.
- Have you got any other writing tips to be a good writer?
- What strategies work best for you?
- What do you like most about writing?
Last week the students in 6EK presented their Genius Hour presentations via a scheduled Google Hangout. The reason we had a Google Hangout was to allow our parents who work or are unable to come into our classroom at a scheduled time, to view the students fantastic Genius Hour presentations.
In having a Google Hangout our parents could watch from work or at home. We also invited some of our Blogging Buddies to watch the fantastic work we had done this term.
We would also like to thank St Marks for the fantastic questions they asked us about our presentations.
- What did you like most about presenting using a Google Hangout?
- If you could change one thing what would it be?
- If you watched our Google Hangout LIVE we would love to know how many people were in the room with you watching? Where about in the world were you watching from?
Our Class takes part in an eBuddies program where we share our learning with a few other classes around the world. Today we had our second Skype session with Class 5LE from Campsie Public School in Sydney.
As it was our first Skype session with Class 5LE. During our Skype session we asked a few questions to help us to get to know them better. Some interesting things we learnt about their school include:
- They are a bilingual school which means for one hour a day their lesson is taught in Korean
- They have 750 students nearly double the amount of students at our school.
- The students in Class 5LE are doing Genius Hour
- They have a school band and dance group
- They start school at 8:45am and finish at 3pm.
We are looking forward to continuing to share and learn more with Class 5LE and the other classes involved in eBuddies.
- What do you like most about Skype in Class 6EK?
- What were some other differences between Class 5LE and Class 6EK?
- If you could ask Class 5LE another question what would it be?