Book Week in 6EK

As it is our school concert this week , we have not had a traditional Book Week. But we have been looking at some of the shortlists picture books and doing a range of interesting activities to reflect on the shortlisted books.

Some books we have read include

• Captain James Cook
  • Jandamarra
  • Parachute
  • Big Red Kangaroo
  • The Treasure Box

Below are some activities we did on each book.

Jandamarra: – We looked at Indigenous Australian Dreamtime stories.

The Treasure Box – We reflected on words that describe special treasure, feelings and emotions related to war through creating newspaper collage.

Big Red Kangaroo –  We use the images from this text to reflect on other Australian animals by writing a free verse poem.

Questions:

• What book have you enjoyed most and why?
  • Which book would recommend for others to read and why?
  • What activity did you enjoy most and why?

6 thoughts on “Book Week in 6EK

1. I really enjoyed Parachute and The Treasure Box because of their illustrations. I would recommend Parachute because it has a very strong message in it. I loved doing the newspaper activity with the book “The Treasure Box.”

Ella

2. Hi everyone,

I had heaps of fun this week with all our book week activities. My favourite book we read was “The Treasure Box”. I liked it because it was a great story, and the pictures were fantastic. The activity we did for it was heaps of fun, I loved using all the newspaper!

Cecilia 😀

3. I really liked the book Captain Cook it was really interesting because you learned about Captain Cook’s story.

4. I really enjoyed the book Jandamarra that we read because it was really interesting. The other books I liked were parachute because it had meaning. Overall the books were really good

5. Really enjoyed the books that we have read in our “Book Week”. My favourite book that we read would be The Treasure Box because it told a story that was interesting.

Alex