Advertisements

This week we have been looking at persuasive features in advertisements.

We have explored both commercials and advertisements on billboards, bus stops, trams, newspapers etc.

Some key features that we have discovered are:

Media

This presentation was created to explore how Advertisements use these strategies. Can you see what persuasive devices have been used in the following advertisements?

We then created our own advertisements trying to sell random objects in our classroom. Below are our commercials and posters. What persuasive devices have we used to convince you to buy these random objects?

Ruler – Alex, Isabelle, Patrick & Callum.

Orange Pen – Julian, Maggie, Naeve & Breiannaย 

Rubber Duck: Amy, Jesse & Mary

Rubber/ Sharpener – Will, Charlie, Cecilia and Claudia

Super Sphere: Anthony, Ella & Fraser

Frog – Joseph, Madeleine, Jasmine & Shaun

Questions:ย 

• What have you learnt about advertisements?
  • What commercial did you enjoy most?
  • What techniques did you see being used in the commercials/ posters?

9 thoughts on “Advertisements

1. Hi everyone,

I had heaps of fun making our advertisements, and posters. I can’t wait to see what we’re doing in class next!

Cecilia ๐Ÿ˜€

• I could not agree with you more Cecilia. It was so much fun making these advertisements and can not wait to do it again.

From Breianna

2. Hello everyone!
    I’m writing this Mother’s Day weekend from Leesburg, Virginia, an historic town about 25 miles west of Washington, DC. I enjoyed all of your advertisements, but I must admit that the excellent dancing in the orange pen commercial persuaded me that I must purchase this item, regardless of the price. ๐Ÿ™‚

My class begins presenting their persuasive projects next week–and they’ve made PowToons videos, Glogster posters, written letters and speeches, and turned out Prezi and Google slide shows. I’m really excited to be persuaded!

Your special items remind me of our recent mystery bag writing project. Every student picked out a sealed brown lunch bag with an item inside. There were ordinary objects inside–sometimes only parts of an item–that they had to transform into something new and marketable. They wrote infomercials that kept us all in stitches.

By the way, I found your blog by leapfrogging for this week’s Student Blogging Challenge. I started with Ms. Celia Coffa’s blog http://stlukesstudentblogs.global2.vic.edu.au/ and kept clicking links until I found you. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for letting me stop by and visit today. I am persuaded to visit again. ๐Ÿ™‚ Stop by and say hello sometime soon.

Cheers,
    Mrs. Martha Rombach, Sixth Grade English Teacher
    http://mrsrombachreads.edublogs.org

3. Hi 6EK,

Making the advertisements was a great way to learn some key features to add in advertisements and posters. Everyone’s Adds where so funny but most people did a good job on adding most of the key features.

From Naeve ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Hi Class 6EK,
    We are Ruby and Sienna from Prep LH. We really liked the giant ruler video by Isabelle, Alex, Callum and Patrick. It was funny and an awesome video.

Thanks from Ruby and Sienna ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Hi 6EK its Owen here just wanted to tell you that i adored your advertisements! I just wonderd what you made them with?

hi 6EK its Connor here I wonder how you did those videos? well see you every.

6. hey 6EK Connor and Owen here just wondering how you made your advertisements and what you yoused to make the advertisements?

7. Hi 6EK,
    In advertisements I see techniques like repetition, exaggeration, emotive language, descriptive language and connectives. I learnt that the purpose of an advertisement is to persuade.
    (signing off) ๐Ÿ™‚