Generating ideas for Writing.

Today the students in 6EK worked on how they can generate ideas for story writing. I created a Google Doc and shared this with the class. Each student needed to state a moment/statement. Then the students asked each other questions about their moments.  This was done through the comment feature on GoogleDocs. Once student had done this they then added an image to their moment and an emotion by taking a selfie on their Chromebook.

Once the students had created a moment, image and emotion it gave them the idea to begin to write their story.

This lesson idea came from Wendy Gorton. 

Writing 1picture 3Writing 5 Writing 2writing 4

Questions:

• What did you like about this lesson?
  • What did you learn from this lesson?
  • Would you recommend other classes to do this activity to help them think of ideas for their stories? Why?

6 thoughts on “Generating ideas for Writing.

1. The Generating ideas for writing was a great way to make writing fun. I liked how we added the pictures to let people see the emotion we felt.

From Naeve

2. Hello Ekyritsis,

I think the Generating ideas for writing is a great way to make writing fun for students. Sharing Google Docs with students and giving each student the opportunity to participate are really helpful to make them engaged in the classroom. I liked your idea that how they added the images to let other people see the emotion they felt at that moment. I am a student studying to become a teacher, so this idea might help me in the future.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Arwa Al Mutir

3. Hello

I am a student studying to become a teacher.

I think you did a wonderful job in this video that illustrates what you have learned. I liked your choice of images and how you integrate them with words which were an attractive way. I believe this video will help students better understand the topic.

Thank you for sharing your video with us.

Arwa Al Mutir

4. Hello Ekyritsis,

I think the Generating ideas for writing is a great way to make writing fun for students. Sharing Google Docs with students and giving each student the opportunity to participate are really helpful to make them engaged in the classroom. I liked your idea that how they added the images to let other people see the emotion they felt at that moment.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Arwa Al Mutir