Today we introduced our Inquiry topic for the term.
‘What is a 21st Century Learner?’
This question created a great discussion within our classroom. But, we did not use the tradition method of brainstorming on the whiteboard, we used Verso app.
This app allowed each student to share their response with the class anonymously. This app created a fantastic discussion about what a 21st Century Learner is and if it just included using technology, or rather the whole set up of a classroom where students direct their learning.
Some interesting points of discussion that were created included
- We use a range of devices including Chromebooks, iPads, Computers, Blogs to support our learning
- A 21st Century Learner is using technology to help them learn and share their learning with others.
- When we use this much technology, will the risk of cyber bullying increase or decrease with the new technology?
- In the olden days they learned so much different to a 21st century learner. We use modern technology, and have a more free decision to learn about what we want to learn, like genius hour. What do you think is the biggest difference between a 21st century learner and an olden day learner?
- A 21st century learner is a very successful learner because we have so much technology that can help us to be successful in what we do.
- Would a person still using books and paper still be a 21st century learner or not?
- What would a learner look like in the next 5 years and how would that be different to now?
- I think a 21st Century Learner is, someone that uses different types of technology to find an answer.
These are just a few of the discussion questions answered and discussed by the students in 6EK.
- What did you like most about using Verso App?
- Do you have any other suggestions on ways we can continue to use VersoApp in our classroom?
- Would you recommend Verso app to others and why?